Gibson Applied Technology and Engineering, Inc. (dba GATE) is pleased to announce the acquisition of GREENWOOD GROUP LLC. Headquartered in New Orleans, LA, Greenwood Group is a premier subsea and marine project management company with world-class expertise in:
- Deepwater Construction on Green and Brownfield export pipeline installations, flowline pull-in's, tendon installations & activities involving diving operations;
- Floating host In Service Inspection Planning (ISIP) & Underwater Inspection in Lieu of Dry-docking Inspections (UWILD), Repair & Maintenance (IRM) utilizing both ROV's and manned diving operations;
- Offshore underwater platform inspection & repair for regulatory requirements and asset life extension;
- Platform, pipeline and wells decommissioning, removal, and abandonment;
- Wet welding repair projects.
Formed in 2002, Greenwood Group has consistently exceeded client expectations and is regularly recognized for their technical expertise, excellence in project management and culture of safety.
Safety Leadership has become the hallmark of the Greenwood Group team. With a cadre of some of the oil and gas industry's most competent safety leaders, Greenwood Group has earned the Louisiana Workers' Compensation Corporations (LLWC) Safest 70 Award for 5 consecutive years. This is a significant achievement considering there are 17,000+ companies considered for this award. Additionally, the Greenwood Group team was recently recognized by major operators for their outstanding performance and lasting contribution to HSE Leadership in Personal Safety.
Greenwood Group is also an industry trendsetter, having been influential in the conceptual design and co-founding of the US GOM Diving Safety Workgroup (http://usgomdswg.com/), whose mission is to provide a unified voice to promote and improve diving safety, through the following:
- Identification and sharing of best practices
- Identify and seek solutions to industry challenges and issues
- Review and comment of existing and proposed standards and guidelines
- Provide input to the regulators and industry associations
GATE's founder and CEO, Grant Gibson said "The addition of world class expertise from Greenwood's principals Allen Dyson and Bryan Wick will further build upon our corporate strategy of delivering high risk exposure projects as an industry Center of Excellence. Overall when operating with our marine risk management team, we can deliver a project confidently and safely."
GATE, Inc. (www.gateinc.com), is a multi-disciplinary engineering company providing full-field services from concept selection, pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design, installation, commissioning, and operations in areas of subsea engineering, chemical systems/ production chemistry, flow assurance, materials selection & integrity management, startup & commissioning, operations readiness, and high risk marine operations.
Greenwood Group co-founders are enthusiastic about this new chapter for Greenwood. Allen Dyson stated "We very excited about the opportunities this acquisition affords not only our clients, but also our personnel. This acquisition enables Greenwood Group to expand our services to our clients and will promote our personnel to a broader horizon."